Spring is always a special time in Skippack. It marks the beginning of our events season — several months of festivals, parades, car shows, First Fridays, and more. Our beautiful shops display their new inventory. Each shop has its own story, as well as beautiful new items for sale. The sidewalks begin again to be populated with locals and visitors. Tables are brought outside, people take their seats, and lively conversation begins. The village comes to life.
This season, a new restaurant has opened called Swirls & Nibbles, close by the Skippack Firehouse. I met the owners, Blair and Louella, eager and enthusiastic to begin serving customers and to join the community of local business owners in Skippack. I think this family-focused restaurant will be a great addition to Skippack.
I’ve started taking my Sunday walks again thru town. Look for ideas for writing blog posts. I find inspiration everywhere I turn. You will see my ideas in blog posts in weeks and months ahead. For now, here are my initial thoughts. A rough sketch if you will. A simple list of 10 things you can do in Skippack in early spring.
- Attend one of the wonderful in-store events at Floral & Hardy. Some of the great programs and events that will take place this spring include vertical vegetable gardening, introduction to landscape design, easter egg hunt, and a bonsai making workshop.
- Check out the spring fashions at Wooden Duck Shop, Skippack Hope Chest, and Accent on the Rocks.
- Get your hair highlighted or a new hairdo at Skippack Stylekrafters.
- Indulge in a spring makeover at Merle Norman Skippack.
- Rid yourself of winter aches and pains with healing massage from Simply Be Well.
- Subscribe to the the 2016 season at Playcrafters of Skippack, which starts with the ambitious Broadway classic Rent. It’s going to be another great season at Playcrafters.
- Turn your lawn into a spring paradise with beautiful hardscaping, plants, and waterfalls from Andrew Welsh Landscaping.
- Remove corrosive winter rock salt off your car with professional service from T-Bone Detailing.
- Start cafe life early: Sit at one of the outside tables at Euro Delights and enjoy something scrumptious.
- Take the kids out for an enjoyable family meal at Skippack Pizza or the new Swirls & Nibbles.
It’s spring. Time to rediscover Skippack.